Okay, so here are some random snapshots of the past few weeks:
- I survived my first round of car inspection/tire replacement/a/c fix and registration this spring. The Lord faithfully made sure I had the finances in place to handle it all. Thanks to Josh for sticking up for his sister and doing all the talking to the tire people :)
- Change is a constant in my department. Which means numerous opportunities for me to train. At the moment, I have three girls in varying stages of training. The Lord truly gave me grace this past week to keep up with it all.
- The past few days I've been hanging on to the verse in Phil 3, "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on..." It's easy to look back on things and regret mistakes made. I shouldn't despair of the past, but learn and look ahead.
- The past couple days have been gorgeous! Mild temperature and sunny days. Wish I had time to go to a local nature park to take pictures of the springtime. I'm always wowed by the beauty and intricacy of God's creation!
- I'm tempted to request that chocolate covered espresso beans become regular snack fare in the office cafe. They taste great, give some of us the needed pick-me-up, and hey! we're already selling double-shot espresso in a can, why not this? hehe
- I had the neat opportunity to hear the GFA message in a local church. It's been a couple years since I've heard one of our speakers. It was really challenging, and reminded me yet again what I've given my entire life to: the salvation of the unreached. Why do I get worried and distracted from this so often?
- I need to pick up guitar playing again. It's been a while. I used to play whenever I had a break from school. I still enjoy getting together with other GFA sisters to worship the Lord and exchange skills.
- Our house went to one of the GFA staff's homes last night for games and dessert. Man! she spoiled us. Tons of toppings for our ice cream and hot brownies. We played ImagineIf and watched some old "music" videos some girls made in 2002 and 2003. Great fun.
- Got to spend an evening with the other IDT girls. Usually we're all so busy it's hard getting us together other than the weekly meeting. We hung out at a coffee house swapping family stories. I had a blast talking with them about foreign languages too. Ya'd think that for all my passion for different tongues I'd actually know one or two. Woe is me.
- My sister is about 6 months pregnant now. I'm SO excited to meet my niece (even though she's been ornery and avoids wiggling when I'm around). She has a bunch of cute Winnie-the-Pooh stuff. A friend and I will both be aunties around the same time. Don't tell their parents, but we're planning to kidnap our nieces for mutual play dates.
- I'm bringing my laptop to my brother so he can make my pc and MP3 player talk. That way I can get the songs I bought online actually on the MP3 player. He's pretty resourceful, so I'm hopeful :)
1 comment:
hmm - just let the said parent's know close the hour of kidnapping. ;)
Post a Comment