Wow, it's already Friday night. I had trouble tracking what day it was all week...never mind the fact that being at GFA an additional night last week messed up my clock, and our being behind in certain areas in my department helped to set me back a bit. As one staff member commented, "Gift Entry never knows what day it is!" How true.
This week ended our second deadline for statements and our first round handling all incoming statement forms/donations. It's been somewhat of a bumpy start as we found ourselves learning as we go while keeping up with the calendar. Honestly, with all the changes the past three months regarding software, hardware, staff, procedures and deadlines I have to agree with our coordinator: God's the One Who has gotten us through it. How we could have made it this far is beyond me. In the long run, the new way of doing things will help us so much! I am looking forward to seeing how it makes things more effective and understandable for our donors as well. It's worth it - and I have to keep this in mind.
Earlier this week I came into work...and the thought of the day ahead with four staff gone, three people to train and a deadline looming ahead was almost too much. It's not often I want to give up 10 minutes after walking in the door. I told someone, "I don't think I can handle this." I was being real. I had nothing left emotionally, physically or mentally. They shot back, "You can't, on your own." Oh yeah. At that point I basically gave God the day - and asked that He'd help me through it... knowing I wouldn't make it if He didn't. About that time, work began. Halfway through the afternoon it hit me: I had peace. I was fine. The day was absolutely hectic and I wasn't freaking out. Talk about a lesson. I went home that night knowing without a shadow of a doubt that I had nothing to do with being effective, peaceful and able that day. So...glory to God. I make the "mistake" of half asking Him to help me the next day with the same thing: peace and ability from Him. He took me up on it. I can't say I did as well in trusting Him... but I hope I'm learning.
Rogue One: A Christmas Story
9 years ago
2 comments:
Praise God for His faithfulness! :)
That is really encouraging :)
Post a Comment