Thursday, May 11, 2006

...Hope...

Something I've not thought much about - but have been challenged to consider - is hope. What is hope? I pulled out my handy dandy online dictionary and this is what I saw: "A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment." (emphasis mine)
I don't think of hope often - the need to learn about it hasn't crossed my path up til now. I did a fun search through the NT the other day looking for the word and the following are a couple examples of what I found:
"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Rom 5:3-5)
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Rom 15:13)

No comments: