Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Coffee Break

It's saying a lot when people in my department (who spend most of their days "locked away" handing incoming donations) venture out of their hole and journey clear to the other side of the office (and up a floor) in search of caffeine. I know that's a long sentence but I am allergic to the modern trend of choppping up complete thoughts into multiple snippets. The fact that my co-workers and I actually leave the confines of the only locked office in the building is "little known", we joke. One of my friends in the department sometimes gets startled glances as she visits, say, the writers or web peoples since it's way out of her way. But she enjoys it and the fellowship. But back to the coffee end of things...
I will add that it is saying a lot too, when the break room of creative side of the ministry is the only one in the building that has caffeinated coffee at 3 in the afternoon. A fact that my friend and I were extremely grateful for. As we walked in, she to get some tea and I to spike some cocoa with coffee (instead of water), we had to laugh: about six coffee mugs were resting upside down on the counter by the sink. The dependency on caffeine (for which we josh each other about) probably underlines the dedication of our writers, designers and general development folks. I know that they don't just work 8-5. There are nights when I leave I look up and see the light on in the second floor- and I know that one or two people are hard at it. So while I am challenged by their commitment, I am also blessed by their coffee supply (to the dismay of some anti-coffee campaigners).
Guess it's saying a lot also, when I go through three mocha mixes in two days. Actually four, cuz I made someone a mocha this morning along with my own. And a co-worker was an awesome blessing and brought back Starbucks at 2:00 when I was up to my ears in processes I know only a little about.
Coffee anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

caffine...good!
coffee...yuck!
So caffine is probably something that would be helpful right about now.

Anonymous said...

yay for coffee! :D it brings people out of there corners, therefore it's mostly good ;)