Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Volunteer?

Pastor Wayne Braudrick was teaching today about Epaphras and his example as a servant of God. He included a paragraph out of Reclaiming God's Original Intent for the Church. I was challenged to re-examine my mindset as I work in ministry:

"Do you see how far we have drifted from the Lord's calling for disciples? There is a great difference between a volunteer and a bond-servant. A volunteer gets to set her own schedule. A volunteer calls his own shots. A volunteer comes and goes as she pleases. A volunteer gets to be his own boss. But a bond-servant has a Lord. Jesus never told us to go and recruit volunteers - he told us to go and make disciples. He doesn't call us to pitch in - he calls us to surrender all as we work together in his church." Wes Roberts & Glenn Marshall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this, Katie. I remember Uncle Fred sharing something similar during a Tuesday night prayer last year. It's kinda like the "all or none" principle I guess. Challenging thoughts, to be sure!!

mandc said...

WOW this is old! =) Maybe you'll have more time to blog now that you don't have an SoD house... maybe. =)
Cat-rin (I miss being called that!)