So what things are happening in my neck of the woods? I don't know, I'll let you know when I find out (hehe). In the ministry we have seen our department go from 6 boxes of work to 1. Several staff have been out for various reasons, so we were quite behind. I was so blessed when our Office Mananger offered anyone from the development side of the ministry to help us. The results: 7 or 8 staff giving some or all their time to help us get our November and December mail done. It's humbling and encouraging to see the Body of Christ in action. We might actually make our "Close of 2006" deadline. It's been neat to see how God has helped us throughout the year. This is actually the third time He's intervened and got us caught up.
Several staff and all six GFA interns left yesterday for a vision tour of India. One of the interns spoke with me before they left, "We're sure leaving it slim for you all. " "We've done it before, " I replied, "and it's worth it." I am always so encouraged to hear reports from the teams after they come back. I look forward to getting a glimpse into what God does in the hearts of those that just left.
On the home front: My aunt and cousin are coming to visit from CA next week. I'm looking forward to seeing them. It's been a while. Hopefully I can be home in the evenings. In spite of myself and the experience of the past few years, I subconsiously wait for things to "settle down" and become more slow. I know better. Things will only pick up in their intensity. Hopefully my brain figures it out soon :)
Rogue One: A Christmas Story
9 years ago
1 comment:
George says hi and that he wishes he could bother you. ;)
Post a Comment